[nmglug] hardware discussion: desktops, high performance, possibly fanless

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Sat Jun 6 11:33:01 PDT 2015

    Arlo> For the past week I have been drooling over https://puri.sm
    Arlo> after someone posted it [...]

Sadly I don't see any desktops there - pity, they look slick.

My most important question is how to evaluate a desktop computer's
performance from the numbers given.  I'm looking at about 8cores, 32gig,
no disk (I already have a bunch).  I would look at price once I see
options and understand the following question better: