[nmglug] considering ubuntu alternative: suggestions?

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 15:26:16 PDT 2015

a., A list of "user" oriented reviews can be found at
http://mylinuxexplore.blogspot.com/ which is a blog pretty well
organized by Distro families. For the record, I still favor Xubuntu
for both its simplicity, consistent stability and my familiarity with
the file system, package management and favored applications. Trisquel
which is derived from Ubuntu is also good, but for the user without
deeper knowledege abour matching good hardware an Ubuntu family member
gives a great experience, The down side, which is considerable is the
use of some proprietary bits and Ubunut/Canonical Corp. cooperating
with certain proprietary software vendors. Not to mention the tracking
buile into recent functions of the Ubuntu Unity interface.
Thank you, Ted P.