[nmglug] cranky computer

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:28:20 PDT 2015

A.,  When I suspect a problem with an application I usually backup
files I have created or saved: photos, documents, downloads, other
folders I have created and their contents. I avoid the dot-files
containing setting for applications. I make an exception for
Firefox/Iceweasel and save one of the bookmark backups from there (eg.
'bookmarks-2015-02-16_53_omited-sequence.jsonlz4'). I find this by
drilling down into the dot mozilla folder
(~/.mozilla/firefox/some-digits.default-other-digits/bookmarkbackups$)
to the bookmark backups which can be re-imported later. I choose an
early backup if I suspect recent problems with Firefox/Iceweasel. The
json extension indicates a file that can be imported back into
Firefox, which I have learned only by doing this a couple of times.
Let me know what you think. Thank you, Ted P.