[nmglug] looking for Dell laptop power supply

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Apr 8 08:14:56 PDT 2016

On Thu, 07 Apr 2016 22:44:42 -0600
Mark Galassi <mark at galassi.org> wrote:

> Dear nmglugers,
>
> Does anyone have an old broken Dell laptop and they kept the power
> supply?
>
> I have a friend with an old Inspiron 6400 whose power supply seems to
> be broken.  The spec on the power supply is:
>
> 90W AC Adapter
> input 100-240V
> output 19.5V, 4.62A
>
> I'm not quite sure how to specify the thickness/mode of the jack that
> goes into the actual computer - anyone have a line on that?
>
> Anyone have something that matches this?

I have a charger from a Sony laptop. It is 90W 19.5V 4.7 Amp, the
connector is 6mm diameter, center pin +.

That would work. If the connector matches, you are good to go. If not
you could use the connector off the old power supply.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com