[nmglug] make santa fe opening at Meow Wolf [Was: meeting tonight; ]

Max Bond max.o.bond at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:22:03 PDT 2016

I'm not going to pitch you much harder than to say I'll greet you warmly,
but normal membership is $65/mo, founding members (coupon code FOUNDER) pay
$50/mo for the first year. People who pay by the year pay for 10 months.
Orientation (which is required to use the tools) also costs $10, and the
first opportunity is on the 19th. There is a separate orientation to use
the Rapid Prototyping tools (including the 3D printer) on the same day.

Studio members elect to pay $110 or $200 for a desk space or a carrel w/
storage. I'm imagining desk space means that the area between two pieces of
masking tape on a table is yours, but I'll report back tomorrow after I
know for certain.

Day passes are also available for $20.

Tomorrow it'll be open to everyone (from 2pm to 8pm) which would be a great
chance to examine the goods before shelling out. If you'd like my advice,
sign up for a $10 orientation; you'll get a chance to meet the people
involved, and you can buy a day pass when you decide you'd like something
laser cut.

Memberships: https://makesantafe.org/membership/
Founding memberships: https://makesantafe.org/become-a-founding-member/
Orientations: https://makesantafe.org/learn/