[nmglug] you wanna help install a printer if your answer is betcha, then read the secret message below.

threespace.xyz admin at threespace.xyz
Wed Mar 30 17:45:21 PDT 2016

Usually, when I need to install a *.deb file in Ubuntu, simply
double-clicking the file opens it up in the "Software Center", from
where you can click the button to install it.

If you're not shy of the command line, here is a command you can try:

|sudo dpkg -i /PATH/TO/packagename.deb |||

Make sure to replace |/PATH/TO/packagename.deb| with the actual path and
file name.

After that, I'm guessing it the new printer driver will be available to
whatever program you're using to print.  It may even provide some sort
of tool set for dealing with printer maintenance, etc.

Were you able to get the *.deb package installed yet?

-KR

http://threespace.xyz