[nmglug] sound,itsa no workie so good now.

KRT Listmaster listmaster at beauxbead.com
Tue Dec 5 12:51:24 PST 2017

On 12/05/2017 01:30 PM, a wrote:
> Dearest persons of the gnu/linux;
>
> Installed ubuntu 14.04 LTS. 32 bit desktop,alsa mixer and pulse audio
>
> volume control, showing a dummy output.I reloaded the also mixer
>
> (sudo alsa force-reload). no sound, any ideas? Thanks,Anthony

Ah, that sounds familiar, no pun intended.  I had that problem once, and
if I recall, it was that the alsamixer was muted by default, and I was
only able to unmute it by running

alsamixer

in a terminal.  I don't recall all of the details offhand, but it was
along the lines of this post:

http://sourcedigit.com/10777-fix-sound-ubuntu-14-04/

down past the three solutions, starting at the part entitled

"Fix No Sound In Ubuntu 14.04 As HDMI Enabled BY Default"

In my case, it wasn't about HDMI, but that one of my channels was simply
disabled by default, and this was the only convenient interface by which
to change it.  After enabling the proper channel, I finally had sound.
None of the other sound menus had any effect.

Again, this was my case.  It seems like there is a plethora of reasons
why this might be happening, if you look around on the web a bit.

YMMV, good luck.

- KR

--
This email account is used for list management only.