[nmglug] programming course this weekend - help with installfest?

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Tue Jan 31 11:22:26 PST 2017

Dear nmglugers, thanks for those who have donated laptops for the
programming course.

I will be teaching on Saturday and Sunday.  On Saturday, as usual,
it
would be good to get some help with the "installfest" with which I
start
the course.  I will have 8 or more students with random old
laptops and
we need to quickly get them installed.  I will have a large stash
of
DVDs and USB sticks with anything from Ubuntu 12.04 i386 to Ubuntu
16.04
adm64.

If anyone feels like helping kids install GNU/Linux on Saturday
morning,
consider showing up at 10am on Saturday!  I will urge the kids to
show
up early so as to get the installation part going.

And anyone from nmglug who wants to learn Python is encouraged to
come
audit the course.

More info is at:

    https://sites.google.com/site/santafecoding/