[nmglug] No google search

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon May 15 19:08:54 PDT 2017

Brian OKeefe writes:
>    Another bit of info but how useful? I have DraftLogic distance
>    calculator I use in firefox. It uses google maps and layers on that.
>    Google maps load for that site but not as maps.google.com. Here's
>    DraftLogic:[1]https://www.daftlogic.com/projects-advanced-google-maps-d
>    istance-calculator.htm.
>    Anybody know other sites that use google maps I could try?

(Shameless plug) The PEEC trail map (Pajarito plateau, Los Alamos area)
uses a Google Maps API:
http://peecnature.org/learn/nature-guides/trail-guide/trailmap/
I wanted to use OpenLayers but couldn't find a usable satellite
tile layer that works with free software.

There's also the Google Maps Pedometer for measuring distances (no
affiliation, I'm just a happy user): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Don't know if those will help with your google resolving problem,
but good luck!

        ...Akkana