[nmglug] Meeting tonite?

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Thu Sep 28 11:35:07 PDT 2017

    Ted> I ran across an article on how to easily create a custom
    Ted> distro, ie, a review of several tools to assemble an iso
    Ted> image.

Can you post a link to that?

I'm particularly interested in the simplest way to:

1. take a raw debian-based or rpm-based install ISO and install it

2. create some accounts and do some customization

3. freeze the result into a new installer which does the original
   install job plus the new stuff

I know it can be done with .ks files, and the modern heirs to that
mechanism, but I would love to see a simpler way.  Who wants to
use
bootp and configure an auxiliary server in a simple procedure
nowadays
:-)

I'm sure someone here know about this.