[nmglug] Comcast refuses to send mail to Linux desktop email clients

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Fri Dec 7 16:43:57 PST 2018

Hi Tom,

Try using this hostname for imap:
mail.comcast.net

And use this hostname for smtp:
smtp.comcast.net

That should allow you to get a valid SSL cert.

Let me know how that goes. Also, don't setup your own email. Setting up
a dovecot server is fun, but maintaining it to work with all other email
providers is a super big drag. Especially when people need to have their
email flow without a problem.

-- Jared