[nmglug] Comcast mail DNS resolution

Tom Ashcraft trailerdog234 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 16 17:07:53 PST 2018

Thanks Akkana,

Ping and ftp commands indicate that for some reason at least three
Comcast mail servers are apparently permanently suffering a "Temporary
failure in name resolution":   imap.email.comcast.net, imap.comcast.net
and, two days ago,  mail.comcast.net.

imap.ge.xfinity.net Seems to work fine in lieu (a workaround I stumbled
upon on the Mozilla support forum), but the appropriate SSL certificate
either doesn't get served, or, despite considerable tutoring complements
of various NMGLUG members, I still don't fully understand how I'm
supposed to acquire it (probably both).

Tom