[nmglug] No GUI desktop

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 09:13:09 PDT 2018

for Brian O, Did you change your login manager? Can you add a new user and
get a gui desktop? I had similar mishap a few years ago and what you have
is a settings problem in your default user. Swithcinig from gdm to ldm(or
vice versa) can get you into trouble. So, if you have the Guest account
with a gui, but not your account it is a setting. I use Xubuntu, also
16.04, I will look at my config files for a hint.
All is not lost, just misplaced. Hang in there. Thank you, Ted P.