[nmglug] No GUI desktop

okeefe at cybermesa.com okeefe at cybermesa.com
Fri Mar 16 12:35:41 PDT 2018

On Fri, March 16, 2018 10:13 am, Ted Pomeroy wrote:
Thanks Ted
I didn't change anything,just did the update. Weirdly tho, a while back
the machine started booting into guest user with no login screen. I would
logout and login as me. As I wrote, weird but functional.I didn't change
to a different wm. Added new user but can't load a wm, ldm or otherwise. I
tried openbox but get an xserver error as below in my post. I at least
have this older machine but not my current work files. Do you know of a
way for me to access the files on my current machine from this older one?
Of course not all would be usable given the changes in software over the
years.
So again, thanks for the response and help Ted!
Brian