[nmglug] setting up user systems;

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:10:28 PDT 2018

NMGLUgers, Hope to see some of you this Thursday. I have had a
question I cannot answer: how to fix some dependencies for a Firefox
ppa in Debian. Not for me, I stick with the repositories from my
install as a rule, but what and how to SIMPLY sort out these issues.
Would like to have a discussion on apt/sources.list and whether or not
to add preferences to keep apt functioning.
An aside is how to guide basic uses in a GUI to fix or avoid issues in
dependencies. This last is very important if we want to share
GNU/Linux or just keep it to the sophisticated user. Is it a
requirement that all users be commandline savvy? I hope not. With all
the development out there it seems possible to recommend Free Software
systems to regular users. I am wrong?
Thank you, Ted P.