[nmglug] Purism/Librem phone app development

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue May 29 07:58:42 PDT 2018

I'll check it out. about 15 years ago a FOSS phone was being developed,
forget the name. It was an alternative to the iPhone but FOSS and
anarchistic developers. It got to a testing stage and a bunch of
interested people bought the Beta version to try and test it and bring
it up to speed. tiny screen, about the size of a big flip phone (open).
It died on the vine as it couldn't approach the rapid development of the
iPhone and the many others that came on the market. My comments are only
for historical perspective and I would love such a phone to be
developed. Lots of marketing and capital issues I would think.

Brian