[nmglug] next generation package repo management anyone? (nix, flatpak, snap)

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Fri Nov 2 11:32:51 PDT 2018

I've used only snap to setup my work computer. It is running kubuntu
18.04. Also I have a spare husk that is running Arch, and I only used
snap to install all the GUI apps. It too works well.

I used flatpak for GIMP, and it worked well under Ubuntu 18.04. Though,
I wish the GUI front end was written for both KDE and GNOME. As far as I
know, this hasn't changed.

I would like flatpak to be the dominate universal package manager. But I
believe at this point snap has the larger store.