[nmglug] recent meeting,

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Fri Sep 14 17:46:36 PDT 2018

I recently installed lubunutu (32-bit) on a system with a Pentium 4 and
512 MB of RAM. I had to install ubuntu minimum (Ubuntu has 32-bit
support that way), then installed LXDE from apt. I do *NOT* recommend
using this. Firefox wouldn't a blank page without using swap. If you are
forced to use such a low-spec machine, maybe an SSD with a larger than
normal swap would make it use-able. But my advice, don't revive a 32-bit
machine. Most distros are moving away from 32-bit support.

You can ask me questions directly, if you have any.

Officially we have not setup anything for an Albuquerque LUG.

Anthony pointed out that he thought there was a LUG (or a LUG style)
monthly meetup at Manzano Mesa Multigenerational Center. However I
didn't see such a thing on their calendar. So this might need more
research, or even a phone call.

Aaron mentioned that it was okay to use QueLabs to setup a meeting. So
either that, or Ideas and Coffee would be a good place to start.

However the timing seemed like the biggest barrier. The times that
people on this mailing list requested the most, is during a time that I
am at work. Thursday nights. I am willing to ask my job to switch my
time around on Thursday. But this would be very difficult as there is
less coverage on Thursdays. On top of that I have only one car (which is
failing to work properly) for two people that have a total of three
jobs. Sorry if it feels like I'm complaining, I'm not.

This is the current poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/16369401

I'm interested in helping solve technological problems that plague New
Mexico. There are plenty here. And I wouldn't mind making friends, that
have similar interests, along the way. :-D

And I am looking for input. So if *you* have any, please share on the
mailing list.

-- Jared