[nmglug] Meeting this week,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:20:53 PDT 2018

NMGLugers, I have converted a 64 bit machine to Xubuntu 18.04 LTS, so I am
now able to compare the 32 bit and 64 bit instances. I don't have any
comments on the 64 bit, as I have just done the first bit of  updating and
additions of my desired applications. [Aisleriot, sox, lame, kstars,
vim-runtime, and quodlibet] By the way quodlibet is a music player with a
built-in Internet radio browser. Nice way to access a  variety of music and
a low-demand player for music in my files, too. I will continue to use the
64 bit machine and see how it compares to 32 bit version and the Debian
Stretch (64) I am using at this moment.
Why do all this exploring? So I am ready to share an install and keep
others up to date when they ask. I am trying to expand our numbers as there
really are no technical barriers for new-comers or limits of what the
serious user can do.
I hope to see a few of you this Thursday at our regular meeting. Thank you,
Ted P.