[nmglug] Weirdness

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Wed Apr 10 13:59:41 PDT 2019

Hi Brian,

When you are powering up/down and you see the Ubuntu splash screen, hit
'Esc.'

This will show you the systemd screen. From there you might get an idea
on what is causing systemd to halt.

You can also try this too:

sudo journalctl -n 100
(displays the last 100 lines to journalctl)

For more info on journalctl:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd/Journal
If you need assistance with reading the logs, just let us know.

Also, Brian, I would look at getting a backup setup that will back up
the HDD automatically.

Regards,

Jared