[nmglug] Comcast and Thunderbird Blues Reprise

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Wed Apr 17 12:51:45 PDT 2019

Hi Tom,

I spent a couple of minutes to see if that was easily change-able from
command line. However, it looks like Thunderbird wants you to adjust
this via the GUI.

  * Click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines that represent a
    menu, top right of TBird)
  * Hover over Preferences -> Account Settings
  * Go to the Comcast email -> Server Settings
  * Change the server name to: imap.comcast.net
  * Change the same setting for any other Comcast emails.

If there was still no effect, re-open TBird and check again. If it still
won't change, then I would remove the IMAP account, and re-add it.
Unless you stray from this, then you will not lose any Local Folders, or
contacts.

  * Click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines that represent a
    menu, top right of TBird)
  * Hover over Preferences -> Account Settings
  * Click on the Comcast email
  * Go to Account Actions and select Remove Account
  * To re-add, Go to Account Actions and select Add Mail Account
  * Manually configure your email account again.
  * Repeat for any other Comcast email addresses in your current profile.

I don't think TBird really wants you to poke around in the config,
unless you're going to backup/restore files.

Regards,

Jared