[nmglug] Weirdness

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Tue Apr 23 09:15:32 PDT 2019

Hi Brian,

My 2¢.

If my OS was that hosed, I would just start over. There is a point where
the rabbit hole gets too deep to climb out of.

Have you looked at the hard drive to see if that HDD/SSD is failing?

sudo apt install smartmontools
sudo smartctl --all /dev/sda

If you have never looked at SMART data, then you will want to probably
send us/me the output. You will probably be better off doing this from a
live USB/CD. If you want a GUI for smartmontools, look at GSmartControl.

If the drive is failing, then fixing the OS is a moot point.

Regards,

Jared