[nmglug] Ready for fresh install on Thu 17 Jan

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Sun Jan 13 21:54:50 PST 2019

Hi NMGLUG folks,

I'm planning to be there on Thu 17 Jan. I recently received in the mail
three items: a Lenovo thinkpad X240 laptop, a 1TB SSD pro, and a HDD
enclosure.

Thank you all, especially Jason, for your help in getting me to where I'm
at now.

I think that the plan is to removed the platter drive which comes with the
X240 and put that into the HDD enclosure to make it into an external HDD
and to put the SSD into the laptop and do a fresh install.

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to first test out all of the
hardware to make sure it's all working properly with the Windows system
which comes on the platter drive first, before tinkering with stuff and not
knowing if a problem is related to faulty hardware or a problem with the
driver. I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to this project. By the way, I have two other laptops
onto which I also want to install Linux.

LeRoy

--
I am the Love of God, no matter what.
LeRoy Diener