[nmglug] [ABQLUG] TOPIC: Wine... - Meeting next Tuesday 07/02/2019 at 6:00 PM

ABQLUG community at abqlug.com
Wed Jun 26 20:01:38 PDT 2019

Hello fellow NMGLUGers!

The second meeting for ABQLUG is coming up in less than a week! It's
going to be at Ideas and Coffee (it's a co-working space, not really a
coffee shop). This will be on July 2nd 2019 at 6:00pm. For more direct
information, please visit the attendee page.

https://www.abqlug.com/attendee/

The main topic will be on how to use Wine and CrossOver for Linux. All
the way from the basics to how to handle a more complicated application.
For a direct example I will be presenting how to install Ancestral Quest
15 and Quicken (Quicken was easier to install through CrossOver).
Although I will admit that Quicken isn't fully functional. This is due
to the fact that I don't own any Quicken software and I am missing a
certain patch file that should fix this. The patch file should be
accessible with a valid intuit login.

If anyone else would like for me to take a look at seeing if Wine can be
used with any Windows software, just email me directly and I will give
it a shot and see if I can include it in the next meetup.

Now, I am not claiming to be an expert with Wine. If you are an expert
with Wine, you might not get too much out of this. However, I am willing
to bet that everyone would at least learn something new about Wine.

PS: If you're planning on attending I would like to coordinate (via
email) with anyone that would like to bring a bottle of _actual_ wine. I
am not advocating excessive drinking by any means. I just think it would
be a fun idea to have some wine when discussing Wine. I highly expect no
one to respond to this. And if my suspicion is correct I'll bring some
Cranberry juice as a substitute. (Since I'm too broke to drop money on
wine.) Again, don't just assume you should bring some without at least
telling me first.

PSS: David, if you are reading this... I tried to email you directly.
However it resulted in bounce messages saying your account doesn't
exist. I would like to coordinate with you to see if I can get the patch
file I need to make Quciken 2016 work. So please email me directly so I
hopefully show off a working Quicken 2016 setup.

I hope to see you all there!
Jared