[nmglug] I still need help with installing a video editor

jason schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Mon Nov 18 07:23:17 PST 2019

Hi LeRoy

# apt-get update

then

# apt-get install kdenlive openshot flowblade lives olive-editor pitivi

This will install a handful of video editors for you to try out and
decide which you like. You can use 'apt-cache search' to find more
options, like this

$ apt-cache search video edit

or

$ apt-cache search lives video edit

you will see a package of interest 'lives-plugins' so lets install that too

# apt-get install lives-plugins

Try it and let us know if you run into problems.

The link you referred to is for ubuntu and your not using ubuntu, as far
as I know.

Jason

The # means you need to be root, you can preface sudo or just become
root to perform these actions (sudo su -)