[nmglug] Can anyone suggest an audio recorder?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sun Nov 24 08:21:24 PST 2019

ABQLUG writes:
> Hey LeRoy,I use audacity. It should already be in your repo.

Audacity is a great program, but it's somewhat complex and has a
steep learning curve.

gnome-sound-recorder is a simpler app that might do the job.

Or you can even record from the command line, e.g.
ffmpeg -f alsa -i hw:0 rec1.wav
(hit ctrl-C to end the recording, if I recall correctly).

Disclaimer, I haven't done any real-world recordings with these;
I've just been using them to test microphones.

        ...Akkana