[nmglug] Can anyone suggest an audio recorder?

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Sat Nov 30 06:26:16 PST 2019

I'm still stuck at the same initial part.
Jason:
Thanks for your detailed and extensive info. It will all be very useful,
but first I need to get past some initial setup issue.
When I try to start a new session, I've been using all of the default
settings, which include ALSA as the Audio System, 44.1 kHz as the Sample
rate, 1024 samples as the Buffer size, 2 for Periods.
When I click Start, I first get a dialog box that says "Audio device not
valid". When I click OK, then I got a second dialog box saying
"Failed to start or connect to audio-engine.
 Latency calibration requires a working audio interface."
In my prior email, I neglected to mention the first dialog box.
I searched and found some info, such as
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/ardour-install-prob/90016 but none of what I
found is helping me so far.

Please help.