[nmglug] Meeting tonight,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 09:59:47 PDT 2020

NMGLugers and  Jared, thank you all for the help and reminders. Yes, the
ESP - EFI partition is 512MB, not GB; and yes it seems better to go forward
with the current standards. My latest install on a newer machine defaulted
to 2 partitions: ESP and /. Swap is in a swapfile. Seems to work smoothly
and no complaints on bootup. I can use efibootmgr to assess delay and boot
order if needed, but this is a single OS box for a friend. Interesting to
be back at the point of checking the bios settings and going with the
manufacturers on this. And yes, AHCI for the hard drive - an SSD in this
case.
See you all in a couple of weeks. Thank you, Ted P