[nmglug] Things to do to fill the day

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Jul 29 10:36:20 PDT 2020

Hello All,

I was poking around and looking at a website specifically re: Gnu and
the Hurd OS. Hurd doesn't really work much at all but there were 6 OSes
listed that were certified FOSS and approved by Stallman. They each used
the linux kernel. I downloaded PureOS and installed in as a virtual
machine (in the non-FOSS Vbox). After a few tweaks it was up and running
and I really like it. I would migrate to it if I had a clue how to keep
everything. It's fast and clean, the FOSS browser works perfectly. No
issues with sound nor anything else. It's Debian based so its Gnome GUI
is very familiar.

Just thought that I'd let you all know.

Ciao