[nmglug] Tinfoil hat time again: more Comcast paranoia

Leopoldo Macias leopoldo at maciasnetwork.com
Fri Jul 31 18:56:04 PDT 2020

I'm not surprised that comcast (or any ISP) is selling data (which I
know happens without any opt-in). This is why I purchased a vpn to
connect to anytime I turn on my devices (desktop, laptop, cell phones,
etc..). Personally I use nordvpn (they had a sale for a 3yr purchase).
But there are many many many options for VPNs out there. NordVPN like
other vpn providers will create a tunnel from your home to their servers
and encrypt the data multiple time and guarantee no cache is saved on
their servers (you can read more about that on any VPN provider site).
It is impossible for them to pull any data concerning your traffic or
searches (assuming using private browsing) even if court ordered.

Long story but basically if you want privacy, purchasing a VPN provider
(or creating one) is a must to ensure your data is not being tracked.

My two cents.