[nmglug] Phone logs answer xls to csv to ods

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Fri Oct 2 16:34:14 PDT 2020

Hi a,

OS Debian 10, Firefox, Cimmanon.
Would like to save phone logs xls to linux compatable format, at this
time without the message audio segment and other than by copy and paste.
Anyone sharing a how to? You are talking to a weekend warrior.
Thanks, a

Here are my thoughts.
I've played around a lot with MS Office and LibreOffie.
I'm not sure about the source of your data.
Regardless, a good solution may be to save the file as .csv
The downside is that you will lose formatting.
The csv file can be opened by Excel or by LibreOffice Calc.
When you save the file, select .ods or whatever file format you want.
Even if the source is a .xls file, you can save from Excel in .csv format,
or you can open the .xls in LibreOffice Calc and save it with .ods or
several other file formats.

I hope this helps.
LeRoy

--