[nmglug] shell script science

a a at kaluta.us
Tue Oct 13 15:05:13 PDT 2020

Hi

Trying to unscramble a previously functional program, any remedies
specific issue.

Thanks, a

a at alap:~$ ~/rsnapshotBackup.sh
bash: /home/a/rsnapshotBackup.sh: No such file or directory
a at alap:~$ /home/a/bin/rsnapshotBackup.sh
backup of a home
rsnapshot encountered an error! The program was invoked with these options:
/usr/bin/rsnapshot alpha
ERROR: Could not mkpath("/media/a/aBackup/alpha.0/", 0, 0755);
done
/home/a/bin/rsnapshotBackup.sh: line 6: read: -n: option requires an
argument
read: usage: read [-ers] [-a array] [-d delim] [-i text] [-n nchars] [-N
nchars] [-p prompt] [-t timeout] [-u fd] [name ...]
a at alap:~$