[nmglug] stress test laptop to see if will crash - tips?

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Sat May 8 12:18:45 PDT 2021

Mark and All, When I hear "the laptops I lend them have started not
working," I have to ask the user several questions. "not working" usually
means it won't do what I want, when I want and how I want. It can be a
variety of things and nothing at all. It may be that some cache or memory
allowance has been exceeded, which may be very specific to the "what I
want" part of things. When I encounter this situation I try to get more
information about the circumstances and details. Who knows, maybe one
cannot be playing Fortnite and while compiling code? Just a thought.
Thanks, Ted P