[nmglug] stress test laptop to see if will crash - tips?

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Sat May 8 12:56:03 PDT 2021

> When I hear [...] I have to ask the user several questions [...]

I agree, but I am logistically unable to do this investigation in many of these cases.

Still, even though I cannot work with the student on it individually, I do want to go beyond a cursory "well, it seems OK".

So I still do need the tool.  What I'm doing now is running s-tui with its stress options pumped up, and then playing an Electric Sheep video on full screen at the same time.

So far no crashes; we'll try a few hours.