[nmglug] Jitsi question

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Thu May 27 09:30:22 PDT 2021

  Hello All

The thread re: Jitsi/Matrix, etc. brought up a strange (or not)
question. I had added jitsi meeting as an extension on chromium. The
thread made me want to see if that extension still worked as I hadn't
used it in a couple of years. When hovering over the Jitsi icon in my
browser I see the description "start Jitsi meeting". That's normal but
when I click on it I get 2 options to use google calendar or outlook.
Using Calendar I get this. Are Jitsi meetings with a browser this way
now and are they still encrypted? Sorry about my stupidity on the
subject but I don't want some insecure aspect here.

Many, many thanks!

Brian