[nmglug] Mistake while emptying trash -- help

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Thu Oct 21 08:58:48 PDT 2021

Hi NMGLUG folks,

I made a mistake.

Here's what I did:

ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$ ls
files  info
ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$ rm -rf *
ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$ ls
ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$ mkdir files
ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$ mkdir info
ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$ ls
files  info
ll at leno:~/.local/share/Trash$

After I removed files from the Trash dir, I realized that I should have
changed to the files dir and removed files in there.
Unfortunately, I lost whatever was in the info dir.
Also, I recreated the files and info folders, but they are probably not the
same now as they were before. I'm not sure what is different, maybe folder
attributes or other stuff.
Now, when I delete a file, I don't see it in the files dir.

What should I do?
Please help.

LeRoy
--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us. (New for 2021)
I am the Love of God, no matter what.