[nmglug] Mistake while emptying trash -- help

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 19:49:21 PDT 2021

LeRoy & NMGLUGers, Is there,  perhaps, a difference between "Delete" and
"Move to Trash" in the GUI? "Delete" seems to act like 'rm' in my system.
"Move to Trash" acts like 'mv ./someFile.txt ~/.local/share/Trash/files
someFile.txt' That is: from any of my directories below my home folder
"Move to Trash" moves a file to my ~/.local/share/Trash/files/
sub-directory.  However, I am using Xubuntu, but consider that the GUI in
most cases operates the same way and obscure the command that is actually
executed.  I don't know if this will be helpful.
Thank you, Ted P