[nmglug] Mistake while emptying trash -- help

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Sun Oct 24 18:42:43 PDT 2021

Hi NMGLUG folks,

Thanks again.
Ted: your ideas make sense.
Mark: I tried your suggestions. I'll explain better what I wrote on 22 Oct.
Ted explained it well.

When this feature was "working right", when I deleted a file from the
Desktop folder, the filename disappeared from Desktop and the filename
appeared in Trash/files and Trash/info. To resonate with Ted, that
functionality seems to match the mv command with the addition of also
creating a file in Trash/info, presumably that file having nothing but the
path which the file was moved from.
That functionality seems to have stopped now in my OS. When I delete a file
now, it seems to match the rm command.

I used the find command in several scenarios with some files which I
deleted, some files I moved, etc. The results matched what I wrote above.
Using sudo gave the same results. Rebooting gave the same results.

Any ideas about how to regain the original functionality, so that files
deleted using GUI will be moved to Trash?
LeRoy
--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us. (New for 2021)
I am the Love of God, no matter what.