[nmglug] GIMP or scraping tutorial?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Sep 14 17:12:26 PDT 2021

The GIMP tutorial at the last meeting was fun. I've had a request
for a followup tutorial on GIMP's layer masks, or on a completely
different note, on web scraping. Selenium was mentioned; I've never
used Selenium myself, but if anybody else can do a Selenium tutorial
I'd be interested in attending. I do a lot of web scraping with
Python and BeautifulSoup, and could give some demos of that.

Unfortunately I have to miss this Thursday's meeting (and in any
case, my internet's been out for a week and I have no confidence
CenturyLink is going to have it fixed by Thursday), but I could
present either GIMP layer masks or BeautifulSoup scraping at the
Sep 30 meeting, if people are interested.

        ...Akkana