[nmglug] Hibernate failure

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 07:35:24 PST 2022

LeRoy & NMGLugers, 1) I suggest you keep power on overnight. If you suspend
and power fails your ram image of work is lost. You can try hibernate, but
there have been issues with Linux and hibernate. Hibernate puts the
snapshot image of your work on the hard drive, but unless the resume is set
to resume form the correct location you will have a failure.
My routine is to suspend during the day, if I go out or take an hour off
for non-computer work. Over night I switch off after saving work and
closing all apps. Your LXde is fine. I use Xfce4 or Mate, but the gui
desktop is not the issue. I have found Mate much easier to manage after
also finding the "extras" package for it and loading that. However, that
just gives me a richer gui, did not help with suspend.
I hope this helps. If not ask more questions. Thank you, Ted P