[nmglug] mint 20 shutting down

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu May 19 09:38:45 PDT 2022

In my previous post, I mentioned I came across a tool called inxi, which I
had never heard of before.  So I installed it and gave it a whirl on my
Chromebook:

$ inxi -Fxms | head -6
System:    Host: penguin Kernel: 5.10.106-15290-g6e9d70c8a9b4 x86_64 bits:
64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1 Desktop: N/A
           Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Machine:   Type: N/A System: ChromiumOS product: crosvm v: N/A serial:
<superuser required>
           Mobo: N/A model: N/A serial: N/A BIOS: crosvm v: N/A date: N/A
Memory:    RAM: total: 2.71 GiB used: 4.9 MiB (0.2%)
           RAM Report: unknown-error: Unknown dmidecode error. Unable to
generate data.

Gives a nicely formatted report of a bunch of system stuff, including
sensor information.  Given that this is a container in a container in a VM,
that information isn't present.  But it would be on actual hardware.

Regards,
- Robert