[nmglug] Help, please with GrapheneOS phone or VPN

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Sun Apr 23 17:15:09 PDT 2023

Hi NMGLUG folks,

There are three questions in this email.
An answer to any will help.

1
AbovePhone
I would like to help a friend who just bought a GrapheneOS phone
from https://abovephone.com/
She doesn't know how to use it because the names of the apps are
different from her old iPhone. I got her started by telling her to get
apps from F-Droid (or with disclaimer, Aurora Store).
Does anyone know of any basic tutorials?

2
VPN
Does anyone know of any basic tutorials for using a VPN on a phone?
I have CalyxVPN on my phone, but I have not yet used it cuz I basically
never use my phone for surfing.
I want to help people who use their phone extensively for surfing the
web.

3
Teaching about LinuxOS phones
I'm coming across more and more people who want me to help them to get
LinuxOS phones and to learn how to use them.
My ability is limited.
Does anyone know any good resources for this?

In gratitude,
LeRoy
--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us.
I am the Love of God, no matter what.BSA