[nmglug] yt-dlp updating working on one debian, but not another

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Tue Aug 29 13:28:52 PDT 2023

I'd do what the message says, and use apt to update it.

You should already be running sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade (or full-upgrade), which will pull in new versions of yt-dlp, but if you want to do just that package, you can
sudo apt install yt-dlp

Or if the apt package isn't new enough, you can
sudo apt remove yt-dlp
and then install the other version.

        ...Akkana