[nmglug] Mtg this week, Apr. 25th, 1730,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:06:53 PDT 2024

NMGLUGers, I plan on making the meeting this week and will bring along the
current project:
A 2012 laptop, AMD G-T56N cpu, 4 GB ram, 160 GB hdd, OS is Linux Mint 21.3
(virginia) which is the current latest version of this OS.
So, eleven years old and working. Barriers to this were the bios password,
a 2 GB ssd, yup that's not a typo.  A mismatched power cord and years or
months of idle storage were also remedied.
It is a fully functioning, if slow, unit. No, I would not add an updated
ssd, the MoB and cpu set the speed limit. Still, it is functioning, and 64
bit. For all this it provided a few hours of amusement and it works.
What are you working on? Anybody still into rescuing not so old machines
from their proprietary shackles?
Thank you, Ted P