[nmglug] Mtg this week, Apr. 25th, 1730,

Ted Reichelt ted at computechrr.net
Wed Apr 24 14:21:56 PDT 2024

Hi
I am still on a quest to get to a point to become a solely linux user but because of work and other things not quite there yet
as for the personal side.'
If I can make use of wine for maybe a couple of programs that are just not available in linux I'll be happy.
As it is wine has not worked for me. out of the box none of these programs are working with wine.
I am lately using zorin and sofar like it a lot. i do prefer the more cutting edge distros since they allow me to run a lot of the stuff I need.
I haven't spend a lot of time with wine to troubleshoot but frustrating that i have to spend all this time to make something work with wine.

for email my other big issue with linux, blue mail sofar the best but in my opinion still could use some basic improvements but it works.
mailspring was a great candidate but they totally drop the ball with o365 support and it's been a while.
did I mention these are all on older desktops ? 🙂  still working well,

Ted