[nmglug] bashrc alias and other stuff

Jason Davis mohadib at openactive.org
Sat Nov 13 14:31:48 PST 2004

this saves me some time , thought it might help others...

alias wq='exit'

and here is a script for a auto signature for evo

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
## evo_auto_sig.pl by jason davis mohadib at openactive.org
## if you make this script better please email me the changes :)
##
## to use this script just tell evolution to add a script for a
signature
## then point to this script. Be sure to edit the config options below
## This script needs to know where your signature txt file is , what the
delimter between
## each signature is and it needs a non random signature that appers
before the random signature
#
## Example signature file ... minus the #'s on the right :)
#
# I love Linux
# <|||>
# I love Java
# <|||>
# I love puppies
#
## thats it. Enjoy :)

###### Edit values for your system ###########
my $sf='/home/mohadib/evo_auto_sig/signatures.txt';  ## full path to
your signature file
my $sd='<|||>'; ## the delimeter between signatures
## this is the non random part of the signature
my $global_sig = <<EOF;
<pre>
Thanks,
Jason Davis
mohadib at openactive.org
~
</pre>
EOF
####### End Config Section ###############

$/ = $sd;
open FILE,$sf || die 'cant find sig file';
$_ = $con[(rand(@con = <FILE>))];
close FILE;
chomp;
print $global_sig;
print "<pre>$_</pre>";

Thanks,
Jason Davis
mohadib at openactive.org
~
We've gotta get out of here. I think I'm getting the fear man.