[nmglug] A true IE replacement??

steven alyari ossix at ossix.net
Tue Oct 26 00:41:52 PDT 2004

sounds like you are pretty much stuck with IE until those corporate
sites start making standards compliant applications, which will then
run on any platform (OSX,Windows,and Linux).

There is MyIE2 or whatever, if you want a redressing of the IE engine
for windows.

Firefox will never implement active x; i'd bet on that (they have their
own application environment called XUL which corporations may start
using after the 1.0 release), but i have no idea what other "tricks"
you are referring to.

steven