[nmglug] Bash Scripting Help -- Thanks!!!

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 07:48:12 PDT 2005

> needs adjustment.  The simplest solution is to pass the number and two
> messages --- one singular, the other plural.

I like that solution, simple has always worked for me.

> What happens if you delete a file, but don't notice it for 10 day?  Your
> backups rotate out, and you lose it entirely.  I think this problem is
> likely not completely solved by any backup system other than use of a
> version control system such as CVS, Subversion, or GNU Arch.

For this particular application, if the file has been missing for 10 days,
then it wasn't being used.  I actually have enough room on my hard drive for
30 days backup of "critical" files.  Most of the other stuff is fairly static
and on read-only mount points.  Ghost images, Installation files, etc.  I
only keep that stuff for 1 day.

Tim