[nmglug] How did the old Bill Gates/MS/AOL pay for emali hoax get on here?

WA7BSZ wa7bsz at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 13:26:17 PDT 2005

I am a little bit amazed to see this old hoax circulating again.
Someone should have at least put a warning on it.  Did I miss the
warning?

No matter how many times someone says it is real, it won't make it
real.

I have always thought that this type message has as its purpose to
harvest as many email addresses for spam as possible.  Maybe these
originators will get a lot of spam now.  Their addresses are there for
anyone that receives a forward of this email.

Is this Joseph Thames a real person?  He sure has a "good" idea to
forward this to not only mnglug, but also:

ncal-talk at mailman.mkp.org, LGIG at yahoogroups.com,
> 	isj1 at googlegroups.com,	isj1 at antares.timesync.com,
> 	mason-users at lists.sourceforge.net,

Now this is the kind of guy that really has good access to good lists
so we can all receive more spam.  Doesn't anyone watch out for this?

This is the type thing that should be moderated before it gets on the
list.