[nmglug] DSL and Mepis problems on laptop

Lee lee at dosmanosjewelry.com
Mon Aug 29 05:31:07 PDT 2005

IPV6 was indeed the culprit. I found out that I can disable IPV6 by
typing about:config in the mozilla address bar, selecting the line
"network disable ipv6," right-clicking, and changing the value from
"false" to "true." Ditto for Firefox. Of course, this still left Kmail
and Konqueror with the problem, but this can be corrected by adding the
line

export KDE_NO_IPV6=1

to the KDE startup file (kdestart.)/

/These fixes should work regardless of distro, I think. They worked on
mine, anyway.

Thanks for steering me to the IPV6 issue.

Regards,

Lee